Saturday 2 February 2013

Glos - plan B......

2 Feb - Plan B, and some Glos birding on a lovely sunny day....as I unfortunately could not avoid a fox that ran right into my car near home in the morning and I sustained significant damage to the front of my car.....having got it checked out and rung the insurance company,I was finally able to head out late morning. Slimbridge highlights included a fine Bean Goose with the Whitefronts, as well as the Bittern (3,4) in the open as usual. Pochard (1) and Pintail (2) were photogenic in the sun, as well as a superb flock of Golden Plovers and all the other winter visitors. Pittville Park lake in Cheltenham was the surprising location for an adult Great Northern Diver (5) at close range, and returning home via Hawling gave good views of 4 Bramblings (6), including 3 males - and also a Barn Owl in daylight. Finally, pit 44 at CWP held a high count of 8 Smew including 3 drakes (7-8). Photos JM.

No comments: